Undergraduate Study Abroad
International Opportunities in Providence
- Join a Brown student group or sit in on a meeting—there is one for just about everything!
- Drop by the Watson Institute for International Studies and see what programs, seminars or guest lecturers are being sponsored.
- Participate in programming offered by the Brown Center for Students of Color. Sample programs include Asian/Asian American History Month in October and Caribbean Heritage Week in March.
- Go to the office hours of a professor in the Comp Lit Department, Portuguese Studies department, or other related department. You could look into opportunities to TA a language course or pursue research opportunities.
- Consider completing a Group Independent Study Project (GISP) or an Independent Study Project (ISP). Learn Swahili with five of your closest friends or study the political practices of Turkey on your own. See the Curricular Resource Center for details.
- Get involved with the Conversation Partners Program at Brown.
- Share your stories with prospective study abroad students. Look for an email from us when you return, asking you to be on a list of students who are willing to share their experiences.
- Represent your program/country at an upcoming outreach event
- Come work for us as a Peer Advisor! We hire once a year, so check the Student Employment Website in late July - early August.
Don’t worry – there’s more! Throughout the year, we'll contact students who have returned from abroad with unique opportunities and programs.