Step 1 - Explore:
- Browse the study abroad website and become familiar with the options – review the "key questions" worksheet to guide you through the many options and variables.
- Attend Study Abroad 101 information sessions. Check the study abroad events calendar for upcoming sessions, or watch a Study Abroad 101 recording.
Step 2 - Define your experience:
- Define your personal, professional, and academic goals for study abroad. Prioritize programs and countries that align with these goals.
- Determine when you want to study abroad - you can choose from year, semester and summer programs.
- Research prerequisites for the programs/countries that interest you (e.g., language requirements).
- Start narrowing down programs and meet with a study abroad advisor.
Step 3 - Make it happen:
- Familiarize yourself with relevant dates and deadlines for your program(s) of interest.
- Meet with your concentration advisor to ensure that you are able to fulfill academic requirements.
- Talk to your family about study abroad; keep parents and other supporters informed.
Step 4 - Go Abroad:
- Accept a spot on a program.
- Follow the post-acceptance process provided by the study abroad advising team.
- Pack your bags!
Feel free to contact us with questions and meet with one of our peer advisors, current Brown students who have already studied abroad.