Applications for Academic Year 2024-2025 Oxford and Cambridge programs are now open. Applications for all other Fall 2024 and Academic Year 2024-2025 programs will open in late December. Applications for Spring 2024 are now closed.
Regardless of program type, all students must submit an online application through the Brown Study Abroad application portal ViaTRM.
Please note that you are permitted to have only one active application per application cycle.
Below you'll find additional application guidance based on program type:
- Applications for Brown and Consortium for Advanced Studies Abroad (CASA) programs are processed on a rolling admissions basis. Early applications are highly encouraged.
- If you are applying to an Approved program or Petition program you must complete the Brown Study Abroad application through our office and the application for the program provider, whose deadline may differ from our application deadlines below. Please refer to the program provider website for information about their application deadlines.
- It is best to apply early to an Approved or Petition program because many program providers accept applications on a rolling admissions basis.
- If you are considering an Approved or Petition Program, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible, even if you have not yet received study abroad approval from Brown.
- View a blank sample of the study abroad application.